Help with fualty GMC Jimmy dome light

I'm helping someone with a dome light that is out. Here is what I have found:
No voltage at the orange lead when any door is opened or when interior light
switch is set to on. Orange lead shows no continuity with chassis ground indicating no short to ground. White lead shows continuity with chassis ground (proper ground).
I checked a couple fuses, but I don't have a manual available to show exactly what fuse could be out.
I hope to avoid having to buy a Hanes manual for a wire diagram just to fix this. Perhaps there is something at the library, but I'm hoping someone can help me if they have seen this before. John
Should be controlled by the courtesy or body fuse, check in the owners manual, these are usually shorted by a foreign object in the cigarette liter or an accessory plugged in that popped the fuse.

light
fix
can

light
fix
can
Just a curious question. Do you have the "disable dome lamp" (or something like that) button pushed in?

I'll check tomorrow. It is't my vehicle so I was not aware of this switch. I kind of doubt it though as the owner told me it used to flicker before it went totally dead. John
jriegle wrote in alt.autos.gm

Dome lights are usually controlled by a switch located either in the dome light itself, or around the dash lamp dimmer switch.
--
Dick #1349
Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.

ground
chassis
someone
something