Help with gas millage with Ventrue 2002

Our Venture 2002 seams to eat too much gas. We get about 375miles on a full tank (50/50 city and highway driving). We have about 70,000 miles on the van. how many miles should we be getting on a full
tank? Do share if you have a similar venture, what kind of millage you get a full tank. tx
lbbss wrote:

Well, lets see... A full tank holds about 50 gallons... So 50 gallons at 20 mpg = 1000 miles.
The way to check gas mileage is to fill the tank at the same station in the same position each time. Write down mileage when tank is filled the first time. When low fill the tank again at the same station. Subtract mileage from the previous reading and divide by the number of gallons put in the tank. This will give you a rough estimate of the economy. When you have this figure come back and may be someone can give you an intelligent answer.

I had a 98 Venture and got about 26 mpg on the highway. It had a 25 gal tank. I have a 2000 model with a 20 gal tank and get about 25 mpg on the highway. I was getting less mpg but I installed a new fuel filter and air filter. My Venture ahs about twice the mileage as yours.