HELP, with Olds A/C

1994 Oldsmobile 88 royal
The the A/C including the blower from time to time would shut off then come back on at random. Then it hard failed. A fuse was replaced, i am
not sure wich one (not by me) but one under the hood. It worked for a little bit then failed again. The connection to the blower was badly melted. i replaced the connection and inspected all the fuses both under the hood and in the car, they seemed fine. The A/C fuse looks like it was running hot but did not blow, and i treid swaping it. I then tested the voltage going to the blower. at the lowest seting it showed 1.5v and the same for the next two steps. the high position shoed .5v. This does not seem right to me but i dont know. Is this an indication the resitor pack is fried, if so how do i get to it? If otherwise any ideas? Thanks.
FYI, the A/C and rear defroster indictor lights do not come on nor does the A/C compressor. The heater valve does not actuate, but vacume seems ok.
Austin