high octane fuel in monte ss

Hi

I have a monte carlo ss with the SC 3.8

It requires premium fuel, 91 minimum. Next weekend I will be near a station that sells 100, and 105 octane fuel. Would a tank of 100 or

105 be good for the car, or cause me problems? If RITA causes fuel to go back up to over $3, the high octane fuel cost wouldn't be much more than 93 octane.
Reply to
croaker68

Shep

"" wrote: > Hi > > I have a monte carlo ss with the SC 3.8 > > It requires premium fuel, 91 minimum. Next weekend I will be > near a > station that sells 100, and 105 octane fuel. Would a tank of > 100 or > 105 be good for the car, or cause me problems? If RITA causes > fuel to > go back up to over $3, the high octane fuel cost wouldn't be > much more > than 93 octane.

I doubt that the engine would benifit from a octane rating greater than 93 or so, save your money.

Reply to
SnoMan