Hilary and GM

Page 1 of 2
Maybe if Hilary were elected, and gave us a Nationalized Health Care program then GM would survive. Maybe that would eliminate their retiree benefits
problem. I am surprised that GM is not arguing for that.
Discussion begins here.
They have argued for NHC for many years.

Everyone should be arguing for a workable national health care system. Even many doctors are for it now.
How will it be paid for, by adding three dollar per gallon to the price of gasoline or doubling your federal income taxes? Do you really want the health care in the US to be reduced to the quality found in other countries, like in Canada. Be careful what you wish for you may get it. ;)
mike hunt

that we're spending on Bushs Iraq Adventure,
and use it for; health care, and college tuitions for kids who aren't athletes
<rj>
"Steve ." wrote:
Maybe if Hilary were elected, and gave us a Nationalized Health Care program then GM would survive. Maybe that would eliminate their retiree benefits problem. ________________________________________________
"Mike Hunter" wrote:
How will it be paid for, by adding $3/gallon to the price of gasoline or doubling your federal income taxes? Do you really want the health care in the US to be reduced to the quality found in other countries, like in Canada. Be careful what you wish for you may get it. ;) _________________________________________________
"<RJ>" wrote: We just take the $6 BILLION dollars a month we're spending on Bush's Iraq Adventure and use it for; health care, and college tuitions for kids who aren't athletes __________________________________________________
Think of the $6 Billion as an "Islamic Tax" Americans pay to have a murderous religious cult dealt with before it reaches this country. If the Islamic Tide reaches our streets we will be dealing with atrocities by rabid bombers and assassins. There will be no time to think about health care, gas prices, college, supporting our families, or anything but survival.
Rodan. __________________________________________________

I have lived in national health systems. They are pretty darn good, from my experience. Even the Canadian one, which is much maligned, is pretty good.
Yes, I would love to have access to the type of health care I received under Scandinavian national health. It was excellent.
I paid for it in taxes, BUT if you look at my total expenditure in taxes, versus the retirement and health care benefits, there was basically NO difference in my spendable income.
Those who have maligned national health systems have a definite axe to grind.
Socialized medicine has a lot of flaws; just ask the Canadians that come to the US for medical care because the waiting list is too long in Canada. If you want Hillary to pay for it, just get her to invest the money in futures and with her ability, she'll have all the necessary money in a few months.
Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, Mar 23, 2006, 9:52pm (EST+5) From:
How will it be paid for, by adding three dollar per gallon to the price of gasoline or doubling your federal income taxes? Do you really want the health care in the US to be reduced to the quality found in other countries, like in Canada. Be careful what you wish for you may get it. ;) I have lived in national health systems. They are pretty darn good, from my experience. Even the Canadian one, which is much maligned, is pretty good. Yes, I would love to have access to the type of health care I received under Scandinavian national health. It was excellent. I paid for it in taxes, BUT if you look at my total expenditure in taxes, versus the retirement and health care benefits, there was basically NO difference in my spendable income. Those who have maligned national health systems have a definite axe to grind.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~
More likely they were in the military and have a pretty good idea what a health care system run by the governmwnt would look like. LOL
mike hunt

income won't pay for healthcare and the middle and upper incomes will pay for it all and pay way more than now. Welcome to communism.

<rj>
At least that is the way it is for the more productive 'working people' that have higher incomes ;)
mike hunt

I know of a couple who had their children before they got married.
WHY ??
As a single mother she got; free pre-natal care free delivery WIC ( women with infant children program ) free pediatric care for the kids housing subsidy food stamps AFDC heat assistance
When the kids were 4 and 5 years old, THEN they got married. It was a part of a deliberate plan on their part. ( quite the gift from taxpayers )
Who do we blame for this ?
wrote:

<rj>
You mean the US federal graduated income tax system, no? LOL
mike hunt

understand all the ramifications. It looks good superficially, but at the end of the day, the only way to control costs is to ration care.
Rationed care is much better than no care at all! The health care industry is way out of control now with no end in sight. You think the union and the auto industry are screwed up try looking at our stinky bad health care.
What makes you believe it is the governments job to provide your health care? There is no free lunch. Where should it stop? Should the government proved free transportation to receive your health care? Should the government buy you a car to receive your health care, if you live where their is no public transportation? Should a 90 year old man, in a nursing home, get that available kidney or the twenty year old with the four kids and no job? Who decides? Personally I can't afford free health care
mike hunt

You're absolutely right.
Unfortunately, the medical profession has much to do with medicare cost over-runs. They'll latch onto a patient who is terminal, and load him up with redundant tests, un-necessary procedures, and medications.
Uncle Sam never seems to prosecute Medicare fraud..
We could probably fund a national health service with the $$$ that gets stolen from Medicare.
<rj>

It's called MEDICARE
<rj>
Don't forget, private HMOs and other health care insurance providers ration care. They also have the profit incentive to "ration".
I would not prefer that the Govt. bureaucrats run health care, but perhaps US Industry would be more competive with it. Then we would all benefit.