hood latch cable broke

How in the world do I rethread or "WHATEVER THE HELL" to replace the hood latch cable on a 97 blazer.........I HAVE TO GET UNDER MY HOOD AND I MEAN NOW........
I'M NOT TOTALLY STUPID WHEN IT COME TO AUTO..........BUT THIS ONE HAS GOT ME STUMPED.......... ANY HELP WOULD BE WELCOMED
--
chevy girl

chevy girl wrote:

latch cable on a 97 blazer.........I HAVE TO GET UNDER MY HOOD AND I MEAN NOW........ I'M NOT TOTALLY STUPID WHEN IT COME TO AUTO..........BUT THIS ONE HAS GOT ME STUMPED.......... ANY HELP WOULD BE WELCOMED

If you can't open the hood by reaching the latch either by hand or with some sort of tool, then you will either have to cut a hole in the hood above the latch or cut out the grill.
I don't have a Blazer but on my van and car the release lever sticks towards the front in front if the radiator and condenser far enough to be reached from underneath with a rod or something to push it up. You may have to remove some trim shields under the front.

I just looked at my GM car hood latch it should not be much different from your Blazer.Look through the grill at middle of hood, at the bottom of the latch there is a cable attached to a lever put a long screwdriver behind lever and pry toward cable this should trip latch. Good luck. ernis
On 2/19/06 12:41 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net, "chevy

Under the hood there are 4 screws attaching the grill to the front. Take those out, then you can get to the 2 bolts that hold the hood latch on. Take them out and the hood will open.