hood release

I have a '92 Cutlass Supreme. I just tried to open the hood but the release lever does nothing. Apparently the cable going mup to teh release is broke.
How do I get the hood open now to replace the cable?
tony wrote:

Reach up under it, grab the lever, and move it to the left.
Are you sure the hood release cable is broke?
Have somebody lean on front edge of the hood while you pull the release. Ocassionally the hood will bind or the cable will stick.
Good Luck
harryface