How do I know what gear ratio I have?

I have a 1986 chevy k10. I removed the front and rear axle, but want to know what gear ratio I have in them? I know you can look at the sticker in the truck, but it was removed. Does anybody know how to check manually?

Reply to
Zach

Sounds like you've got them opened up. Divide the # of teeth on the ring gear by the # of teeth on the pinion. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2