How do I program the my keytag entry on 89 buick park ave

I'm trying to re-program my keychain to work with my park ave. I had to change the batteries, and it doesn't work any longer (no, I didn't put the batteries in backwards :) ).. Can anyone tell me how to program it to the
car? (The manual I have is for a 90 park ave, and it says there is a wire that needs to be grounded on the passenger side trunk near the power antenna, but I can't find this on my 89....
Find the receiver which is probably in the rear wheel well on either side. I don't know about the park av but me cavalier is in the driver side wheel well in front of the tire. the wire comes out by the receiver.....