How do you flush the heater core in a 1992 Buick Lesabre

Hello everyone,

My 1992 Buick LeSabre does not blow any heat anymore, (the fan works but no heat). The coolant levels are fine and I was told that I should try to flush the heater core. How do you do this? I know that I need to find the 2 lines going through my firewall, however I cant seem to find them. What do they look like?

Thanks for your help

Reply to
jeremiah_lindstrom

Heater hoses are usually black and come from the engine to the firewall on the passenger side of the engine compartment. The core can be flushed with a garden hose. Before you do that, and when you find the hoses: bring the engine up to NOT with the Heat function On.....feel both hoses/they should both be Hot. Only 1 hot/no flow through the core. Neither hot/no flow to the core.....maybe a control valve problem. If that is the OEM core, it's 15+yrs old....might be time to replace it and if you flush it you may discover that it's a leaker. If both hoses are Hot, then you most likely have a control problem in the plenum system.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt