How do you reset the airbag light on 1996 geo metro?

I looked through my Haynes Manual with no luck... Thanks:)

Reply to
:

":) :)" wrote

Ummmm....you fix what's wrong with it!

Ian

Reply to
shiden

Without a dealer style scanner you cannot reset it. Have the codes pulled by the dealer and repair the reason for the light being on. Until it is repaired you won't be able to shut off the light. Keep in mind that if the light is on the airbags are NOT working.

Reply to
Steve W.

Hello, I changed out a combination switch and after I assembled it the light was on. Prior to the installation the light was not on. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for awhile and it still tripped the light.. Thanks for the help. :)

Reply to
:

Then something isn't connected up or there is a broken wire in the system. It runs a self test every time you turn the key on and only if something is still wrong will the light stay on.

Reply to
Steve W.