How does an oil change reminder work?

Page 2 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net mentioned...

Interesting. I've been reading a book on Ford Electronic Engine Control EEC-IV ("eek four"). They call that WOT, wide open throttle. It's significant in some tests, etc.
I've been getting a check engine light and the MIL (malfunction indicator light) code is 332, insufficient EGR pressure. The crate drives normally, so it's not a problem. Yet.
This morning I pulled the EEC unit out and opened it up, kind of neat how they built it with a decent amount of thought towards making it reliable. The PCB is coated with this soft thick plastic, so I would have to do some work to get that off before I could do anything, if I had to. Fortunately the VREF voltage is right on 5.00VDC so I know that that's okay. Some of the sensors are supplied with it, and one I measured looked like it was zero. But now I think I was not measuring the right pins. In any case, I did some checks to one vacuum solenoid, and it's ok, but the other sensor has eluded me, I've looked for it and came up with nothing.
The book is a general book ($30 at barnes and noble) and doesn't get into specific models, so I may have to get the ford factory manual to find out what's going on. Meanwhile when I unplugged the EEC module, I reset the memory, so if the check engine light comes back on, if it comes back on, I'll just keep on looking for more info.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

All Hondas are mileage only.
My wife's 97 Buick GenII 3800 just triggered the change oil light at 2600 miles since last change.
I intend to take over the changes now. Does this feature automatically reset, or do you have to manually reset it?
It has to be manually reset. Check the manual.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

It has to be manually reset.
If she does a lot of very short trip driving, you might do well to heed the light and change the oil. The parameters it monitors to trigger the light sound valid. You have to manually reset it, the method varies with make and model.

I apologize to the group for the repeat messages. D*mn computer must have had an orgasm.

must have

How did you manage that ? ;-)))))))
Huw
[...]

Lee, You have posted the same thing twelve times. They all show up as 10:35 PM Sat. here in AZ. Any chance you think the posts aren't hitting cuz your clock is broken? GW
Lee Richardson wrote:

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

His news server screwed up.