How many qts of trans fliud do I add

flushing a 2003 cav transmission. After I drain it - how many qts do I put in? Help

If your putting the oil in through the side acess plug, fill the trans till it runs out the acess hole then reinstall the plug.
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
sanjsjenn wrote:

If you are flushing it, then your money supply is the limit. 50 qts out = 50+ qts in. If you are just draining it, then put back in what came out plus a little more to get it to the full limit.
sanjsjenn wrote:

If you just dropped the pan and replaced the filter, you will need about 7 liters of ATF. As Harry mentions, you pull the level plug that is near the right side transaxle seal, and then fill the trans until it runs out of that level hole (while it's running in park). Best to put 5 liters in, start it and let idle in park, pour in the rest until it starts coming out the level hole.
Ian
This may be a bit late.
When I change my tranny oil, I empty the pan into a container and then I measure the amount of fluid I removed and refill the same amount. I have a few cars and this works good for me rather then guess what amount should I add. (my eyes are not what they use to be) Also, I have a small notepad that I put in all the useful info for the future. Hope this helps someone.
Hank from PA