how much govt money to Toyota

how much is gm responsible for closing nummi check this out from the NYT.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/16/opinion/16herbert.html

The article doesn't mention that this is also the only Toyota plant with UAW representation. Toyota has idle, or nearly idle, plants in Texas and Mississippi. What would you do - not open the new plant in Mississippi with non-union workers grateful for a good job, or keep open an aging plant staffed by a bunch of surly UAW members.
Ed
On 18/03/2010 7:08 AM, C. E. White wrote:

Also, many of the defects of Toyota came from this plant and the parts designed for/by it. Including UAW/CAW involvement. And CAW/UAW supported the GM bailout.
What the liberal-dimwits in DC don't see is by subsidising and bailing out GM to the tune of $60,000 of taxpayer debt in 2009 did was to cause others to look closely at their sales and lay off. That is, if you preserve 4 GM losers, you might see a lay off from Nissan, Ford, Honda or Toyota.
But if GM went under, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Ford, BMW and others would have picked up the slack and laid off fewer people, maybe even hired! But oh no, Obama likes debt-spend corruption, as I have said years ago, spending money on GM is a waste of money.
Bailout was always about corruption (auto and banks). If enough of the influencially uber-rich were your clients, it sure helped your bailout chances. UAW/CAW support included, selling out America.
Good move by Toyota to clean up GM/UAW mess. And send a message to big mouth Obama, UAW and GM-NHTSA. Hey Obama, now you have unemployed PLUS debt.
--
Politicians and whiners don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling

You are not doing yourself nor GM any favors
I could not care less about GM, I am merely pointing out that our friend Canuck57 does not know anything about the automobile business and most of what he says is his personal opinion and not factual.