How much Oil for a 95' Firefly Swift Metro

I just bought a used 1995 Ponitac Firefly 1.0 Litre. 3 cilinder There is no owners manual with this car.

Does anyone know how much oil to use on a complete oil change?

Many Thanks RR

Reply to
RT

snipped-for-privacy@notebookaid.com (RT) wrote in news:gpandhammy-2201061248220001 @edtntnt10-port-188.dial.telus.net:

by the way, you can pick up a used owner's manual for like $5 off ebay. There's a ton of useful info. in there.

Reply to
JD

Make sure it's full when you drain it and measure how much you take out. Or add oil gradually and keep checking the stick.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I plan to buy a used manual and wait the 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. The car needs a oil change desperately. I can't wait that long. Anyone just out there can take a quick peak in their owners manual? It would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
RT

Buy 5 quarts of oil & a filter. Change the oil & filter - then add the three quarts and check the level, its very simple procedure to do and easy to figure out yourself.

Good luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,550 91 Bonneville LE 305,454
Reply to
Harry Face

Per this link a machine of your vintage takes 3.5 quarts.

Silver Surfer