How to change spark plugs on a Chevy Venture

OK, I gave up this weekend. As hard as I tried, I could not get to the rear spark plugs on my 2001 Cheverolet Venture. These are the plugs that are on the cylinder bank towards the firewall side of the
engine compartment. I unbolted the top engine mounts and pulled the engine as far forward as I could, but I still could not get to the plugs. Short of bringing it to a shop, does anyone know the secret in accessing these plugs?
Thanks

The last time I did a spark plug change on my '01 Montana (the sister-van to your Venture), I had to put it up on ramps, and get at the rear plugs from underneath. *Not* a pleasant experience...Just make sure the exhaust isn't hot, or you may end up burnt.

it is an adventure getting the back three! for sure.......tilting the engine forward and getting every extension you have and a ratchet that swivels will get all three plugs out..........removing the ign. module with coil packs will help but not neccessary. same with alternator........have patience grasshopper....good luck next w/e........kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

Once you have the dogbone removed and the engine tilted forward... make sure engine is cold.
First secret is patience. Second secret... on #1 and 5.... instead of going in over the top, if you have smaller hands you might try reaching around the end of the engine with one hand to loosen the wire, position the rachet and install the plug.....while just reaching over the top for stability and pushing down on the rachet. It's cramped but this allows easier access. Using a piece of 3/16" vacumn tube on the end of the plug allows you to get it started (using thread 'anti seize' makes future changes a little easier as does a tiny bit of silicone ' di-electric compound on the inner spark plug boot....Just make sure you hear or feel the plug wire 'click' as it contacts the plug terminal.
hth
Peter