How to fix some scratches from my clear coat? pencil touch up?

I have some scratches in my clear coat (have not reach the actual paint). Just wondering how to take them out. Anyone tried these touch up pencils.
I have used some special polishing compound (don't remember the name) that has helped a lot (borrowed from auto body shop). Also, used 2000 grit sand paper and then some 2001 turtle wax. Doing all this was improved most of the spots by 80%. But I still have a few bad spots and I don't want to over do it with sand paper. So, I was just wondering if anyone has tried these pencils or any other fix it kits they sell at the automotive store. Do any of the really work? I imagine half the battle it skill and good technique? Thanks
Falling asleep through lbbs's post...

Rubbing compound.
It will take finish off as well, but it will get rid of the scratches, if that makes sense to you
--
"If you can't change a tire, you're not allowed to have a beard. It's the
most basic part of a car: If you don't know that much about a car, you

The last thing I would want to do is to REMOVE some or all of the clear coat to get rid of the scratches. I would look for a process that fills in the scratches. I have not found any other than reapplying the clear coat. They have colored touch up paint, so I don't see why you can buy a tube of touch up clear coat. But it is your car so you can do what you want.
lbbs wrote:

3M scratch and swirl mark remover. Available at most auto part stores.
GMdude
P.S. You must re-apply wax after using this stuff, but it works great. Don't do it in dirrect sunlight!