How to fix some scratches from my clear coat? pencil touch up?

I have some scratches in my clear coat (have not reach the actual paint). Just wondering how to take them out. Anyone tried these touch up pencils. I have used some special polishing compound (don't remember the name) that has helped a lot (borrowed from auto body shop). Also, used 2000 grit sand paper and then some 2001 turtle wax. Doing all this was improved most of the spots by 80%. But I still have a few bad spots and I don't want to over do it with sand paper. So, I was just wondering if anyone has tried these pencils or any other fix it kits they sell at the automotive store. Do any of the really work? I imagine half the battle it skill and good technique? Thanks

Reply to
lbbs

Falling asleep through lbbs's post...

Rubbing compound.

It will take finish off as well, but it will get rid of the scratches, if that makes sense to you

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

I would look for a repair product that actually IS clearcoat...that should fill in the scratches and then you can buff it if necessary.

Call/visit a nearby body shop to ask for recommendations...if those body/paint guys don't know, who does?

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Reply to
ma_twain
3M scratch and swirl mark remover. Available at most auto part stores.

GMdude

P.S. You must re-apply wax after using this stuff, but it works great. Don't do it in dirrect sunlight!

Reply to
GMdude