How to get automatic geo metro into neutral w/o key

Yeah, so i lost my key and can't get another in this town and my car is gonna get towed.
if i could get it into neutral then i could move it but i don't have
the key and its an automatic so i can't move the shifter at all w/o the key.
I'm sure there is a way to do it from under the hood i just don't know what the process is or how.
If someone knows, please help, i must save my car from the towyard.

The autos with the shifter on the floor have a release. Look around the PRNDL for a slot or a little slide cover.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

there should be a plug type cap on the right side of the shifter at the base. Remove that and use a screw driver to move the lever inside at the same time depress the shifter button and move it into nuetral
open the hood and unhook the linkedge from the tranny
change that to the left side, sorry
move what lever