How to program 4 button remote

Any one know the procedure to program a GM 4 button remote , I have one that works but I just picked up another one on EBay

It depends entirely on the model of car..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
99 olds silhoulette

OK, here it is:
You have to program all the transmitters you want to use as part of this process, as it will erase all memory of existing transmitters.
-Remove ignition key -Take out BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse panel -Close all doors and liftgate -Turn ignition key to Accessory -Turn key to Off, and back to Accessory within 1 second -Open and close any door - chime will sound -For each transmitter in turn, press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK for 14 seconds (chime may be heard at 7 seconds, keep holding) -Remove key -Reinstall BCM PRGRM fuse
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I've tried this several times and I can't seem to get in to the program mode. after I open the door nothing happens, when I replace the fuse my original one still works

Looks like your headed to the dealer.