How to Remove Half-shafts 1992 Park Ave

I have a 92 Park Ave and I need to replace the one inner CV joint so I will probably buy a rebuilt drive shaft unit. Question - how is the inner CV joint unit held into the transmission? How is it fastened in
and how can it be removed? Thanks
"Greg" wrote

It is held in place with a small ring...I'd say snap ring which is pretty close..but snap ring tends to conjure up images of something that needs a special tool in order to release it.
All you have to do on these shafts is to either pry the inner joint out (left side) or give it a smack with a hammer (right side). The difference in methods is due to clearance problems on the left side. You will see what I mean, once you actually take a look.
On the left side, it is often necessary to use two pry bars and rock the joint a bit back and forth as you pry it out. You will feel it when the snap ring pops out...it's fairly obvious.
Ian