How to remove rear door panel from 2000 Yukon XL/Suburban?

When I bought my 2000 Yukon XL in 2000 I bought a GM service manual to help with maintenance since I keep my vehicles a decade plus and like to do some of my own repairs.

Well, the passenger side rear power window failed (actually it never worked, a friend warned me it was dead when the truck was new and I thought he was joking - a new truck with a dead power window motor was unfathomable to me - and with A/C and rare rear passengers I never used it until after the warranty was up). I'd like to fix it myself and referred to the service manual for instructions on taking the trim panel off to gain access to the motor which I'm sure is dead or a connector fell off.

The service manual shown figures and gives instructions for removing a panel that looks nothing like what I have. GM screwed up their own service manual for something this basic.

Anyone taken the rear trim panels off and willing to offer instructions on where the clips and screws are. Don't want to damage the thing.

GM.

Sigh.

- GRL

Reply to
GLitwinski

Before you do anything, try this. Turn the power on, open the back door, have someone hold the switch for the back door in the 'down' position on the drivers' switch panel, and slam the back door closed. My drivers' door window stopped working for over a year on my '00 Tahoe, and the back door windows periodically stop going down. It almost seems like the motors are not strong enough to break the seal with the window gasket, and slamming the door breaks them loose.

Reply to
BobD