how to remove rear view mirror:2001 Impala

Hi All:
I am trying to remove the rear view mirror on my Impala. The factory service manual says; "using a flat blade tool, remove mirror". That's
it, no picture, no further instructions.
Well, I used a flat blade tool in everyway imaginable, and could not get that mirror off. I was scared I would crack the windshield, so I gave up.
So, any info is apprecaited! Have a nice weekend,
Bill
There should be a screw you loosen on the mirror bracket, then use a flat blade tool to remove the anchor piece. I have a 2000 Impala, but have not looked that closely at the mirror mounting. Roy

billccm wrote:

Stop at your local parts store. There is a special tool to remove the mirror. It slides up into the bottom of the mount and compresses a little tab inside the mount allowing it to side off.