how to remove rear view mirror:2001 Impala

Hi All:

I am trying to remove the rear view mirror on my Impala. The factory service manual says; "using a flat blade tool, remove mirror". That's it, no picture, no further instructions.

Well, I used a flat blade tool in everyway imaginable, and could not get that mirror off. I was scared I would crack the windshield, so I gave up.

So, any info is apprecaited! Have a nice weekend,

Bill

Reply to
billccm

ROY BRAGG

Stop at your local parts store. There is a special tool to remove the mirror. It slides up into the bottom of the mount and compresses a little tab inside the mount allowing it to side off.

Reply to
smokinjoe