How to replace the fuel filter?

Page 2 of 2  
wrote:


Sure did Neil and it was a blast to drive. Didn't stop or steer for shit but when you stood on the loud pedal you'd better be ready.......lol. Let's hear about yours.... Don't still have it do you? Bob Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

My wife had one before we got married. IIRC (I tried to forget that car) it was a 72, a wagon, red. I spent -way- to much time fixing that thing, the head gasket always knew to blow in the winter, didn't have indoor work space so I had to beg and borrow a warm place to do it.
I wanted to swap in an aluminum Buick 215 V-8 but the body dissolved before I ever got the chance.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

<Gasp> NO!!!!FORD's = Found On Road DEAD, Fix or Repair Daily, Factory Ordered Road Disaster, Factory Ordered Rebuilt Dodge, For Only Retarded Drivers, Ford Only Rolls Downhill!!!
try this -- take a large hammer and hit the rear bumper hard -- guess what happens? <grin>
BBA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:48:29 -0800, "Billy Bad Assr"

Air bags only deploy at a variable velocity based on weight detected in front seat(s) and distance between passenger and steering column as measured by electric-seat motor monitoring equipment. So nothing will happen, except you will get a police ticket for criminal damage to property. Or maybe you will trigger fuel inertia switch, which is re-settable in all of about 3 seconds.
Lg
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

BBA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

switch by hitting the bumper. Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Nah, a large steel faced hammer will do the trick and one good whack! -- ever tried it? I've done this to (auto techs) friends Ford products as a prank! <g>
BBA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Hehe....
Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time
did u know 80 percent of chevys are still on the road... the other 20 percent made it home
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bob M. wrote:

is the press. then check the fuel return line for kinks or the pressure regulator. As for changing the fuel filter. I slowly loosen the the line connections and get out of the way while the pressure bleeds down. Do make sure there are not hot lights or flames nearby!!!! Then I replace it. I then turn on and off about 4 times the ign. key to pressure up the system and start it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9 Feb 2005 16:33:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

at most. Geez! The girlies that post here......
"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all." - Justice William O. Douglas
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Yeah, on both my '88 Safari and my '99 Yukon I just unscrewed the filter and caught the little bit of gas with a rag. No big deal. The OP should use two wrenches though, one on the filter hex and one on the fuel line nut, not pliers.
WW
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.