How to set upward travel limit on '97 GMC Yukon Power Windows?? Regulator binds latch and lock rods!

I've got a problem with my 1997 Yukon. On the driver's door, the window motor keeps pushing the regulator upward even after the window has reached its upward limit. This causes the arms of the regulator to
bow inward against the door latch and lock rods. The door handle and lock won't function because they bind against the regulator with the window in the full up position.
How do I limit the upward travel of the regulator once the window has reached it's sealed/closed position? Is there an adjustment? What's the process?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Greg
Its a switch inside the motor. Not adjustable that I have seen. I would just replace the motor.

So it's all self contained? Are there actually stops/switches inside the motor that shut it off at some point in the travel?
The motor itself works fine. Goes up, goes down. It just goes up too far...
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:02:13 -0600, "noname"

schubert wrote:

Hi...
Not a mechanic, just an old retired electrical guy who likes cars, so take what I say with a grain of salt... :)
I respectfully think there IS no stop; certainly in every car I've owned as long as you held the switch in either position the motor tried to turn and continued to push... until the auto reset circuit breaker in the motor tripped; then it did nothing at all for the next few seconds.
Mind you, as it tried to push (stalled) nothing bent or broke, and I have no idea what it was stalled against.
Is it possible that you have a missing or mis-adjusted bumper stop in there? How about taking off the other side panel and comparing them ?
I repeat, no mechanic. I stand ready to be corrected, and to learn.
Take care.
Ken

I agree same here works that way in all my cars too. The OP needs to learn to let go of the switch as soon as the window is up all the way. (or his wife does)
Ted
Sage advice. Thanks, guys!
Kind of odd that it would deflect the mechanism to the point where it bows against the inner door panel and the actuating rods. Seems kind of like a design issue, but I've never heard of this problem with these trucks before. Hmmm... Maybe I just need a bigger hammer.
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:10:55 -0800, "Ted Mittelstaedt"

Was the door recently taken apart ?
Was there any work recently done regarding window operations that you didn't mention in the first post ?
Its possible something is broken that is allowing the regulator to move.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,524 miles_~_~_