HVAC, Still no go, HELP.

I have a 94 olds 88 royal. the blower, A/C, and rear defroster will not work. Fuses are ok, blower relay is good. The blower resistor pack is good but i would like to know what the resistance should be. I was getting 1.25v on the three lower blower settings and .08 on high. Today i pulled the the HVAC controls, I found a couple problems. the blower switch was only working on one setting and had resistance on that setting. I took it apart, cleaned it and all was good. Still no blower. i checked the mode switch and it seems to be working ok, i did find a wire with cut insulation and bad connection. fixed both but still no go. I checked voltage at the blower again and i see 1 volt at one of the settings and 0 at the others.

I am lost and need some direction. Is the rest of the HVAC control panel bad? How does the HVAC control interact with the blower? I did not see any connection between the other switches or boards to the blower control. Only a set of wires that only went to the blower switch. Thanks

Reply to
Austin Kupper

Did you check the ground ?

Reply to
451 CTDS

Reply to
Austin Kupper

Is your blower getting power?

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
Austin Kupper

the final problem was a burned out contact in a big connector under the stearing colum.

Reply to
Austin Kupper

I am sure a bad ground contributed to your big connector burning up. A bad ground will raise amperage. The blower fan housing should be securely grounded to fender. The heater box is fiberglass, and requires a ground wire. A jumper from cowl to frame rail often helps. Never assume grounds are good.

Reply to
451 CTDS