Hybrids saving most money: Camry, Malibu, Altima

Page 2 of 2

Gasoline prices is a different story completely; different rules from retail-store sales, as I understand it.
--
Donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; help send Michelle to the marathon.
<http://www.active.com/donate/tntdms/tntdmsMSteine

Usually the price on the post is Regular Unleaded Premium Unleaded Super Unleaded
The price, or advertised price, on the post for this gas station is: 3.89 4.01 From a far you will think the 3.89 is regular and 4.01 is the premium right? but when you reach the pump it says cash and credit price. You look back at the big post and the fine print will show cash and credit as well. I didn't have cash so I drove away and pumped up on a 3.94/gallon station cash and credit.

Bet they include checks in their definition of cash. At least they should now that checks can be processed immediately by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) thereby eliminating the dishonored check problem. I have EFTs going both ways and have yet to be charged a fee. You don't even have to fill out the check and it is handed back to you after the transaction.

In effect, maybe, but not legally.
--
Donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; help send Michelle to the marathon.
<http://www.active.com/donate/tntdms/tntdmsMSteine

The resale value of the Prius has nothing to do with how long it lasts (compared to other Toyota's). It is high because there is a shortage of new hybrid cars, and there is an extreme shortage of used hybrid cars (because not many were manufactured until recently).
For example, the resale value of a big Toyota truck has plummeted. Not because it has any reliability problems, but because no one wants a gas guzzler anymore.

I agree w/you re: claiming that a Camry hybrid is more economical than a Prius - makes no sense.
Cathy

Without knowing the sales figures for the Civic Hybrid, I have to wonder why they've taken the back seat to the Prius. Is it possibly because the car has only a little "Hybrid" plaque on the trunk indicating its inner workings? The Prius is so totally different from other Toyota models it's easy to identify as a Hybrid. Maybe a Hybrid buyer wants people to know up front that he has the "green" conscience ...and the bucks, to do so.
"mack"...

Tomes

=US$10.50 a UK Gallon...4.5 Ltrs.
You guys are well off in the petrol price yet..
Johnny UK

cut your wrists over the price of gas. If we don't have health insurance (at great cost to us) we'll bleed out in the street! : -) Reminds me of buying gas in Ireland five years ago. It was 85p (or being in Euros, is that "c" ?) per liter, and as I watched the figures on the pump climb rapidly, I grimly thought "Well, when rape is inevitable, just relax and enjoy it."

They get worse gas mileage; they don't have as much room for passengers; their hybrid technology is behind Toyota's.
--
Donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; help send Michelle to the marathon.
<http://www.active.com/donate/tntdms/tntdmsMSteine

Yes, &/or the styling. Personally, after having 4 Corollas in a row, with the exception of the first one - a liftback, the subsequent 3 others' sedan styling is becoming distinctly boring from my POV. Whereas the Prius is 1) a liftback, & 2) is just... 'different' - not the same old, same old re: styling. And I love its interior - the amount/no. of storage spaces & roominess.
Cathy

Yeah, we know - have always been. It's all relative...
Cathy

AS far as the Civic Hybrid goes, my 05 got worse mileage than the equivalent "regular" civic on the highway. That plus its miserable tight interior and slow pickup convinced me to trade it in for a Malibu(SS Maxx). With a light foot, I can get well over 24 mpg on the highway with the advantage of having the power to get out tight situations when the need arises.

How much over 24mpg? My 02 Lincoln Town Car gets 25.6 on the highway, 18.3 in town. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Speak softly and carry a loaded .45 Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Web Site: www.destarr.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'd say that is a huge factor. Remember when having an alligator on your shirt was mandatory? That crowd had graduated to cars.
"Edwin Pawlowski" ...

getting 55 MPG in the other hybrids. Tomes