I'd like some opinions on which 35+ years stationcars are good cars, if any.

Hi everyone.
I'm comtemplating buying one of those huge old station cars, for importing to Denmark , Europe. One of those where a family of four, dogs and a load of luggage will fit, with room to spare.
It will be a year or so before we come visit you all overthere in the great country. So i thought i'd start narroving down the selection some, by getting som opinions; on which car i should bring back as a souvenir ;-)
I know it will seem a bit silly to go looking for a car that old. But there is a good reason: The car taxes are horrendous here in Denmark. An imported car gets taxed with 180% of the new car price + 25% sales tax!!! Only cars older than 35 years are classed as collectors cars and they are much more reasonably taxed. Registration fees and such are also much cheaper. Gas prices are aching toward highway robbery: 5.8 $/gallon. So cars that can be converted to diesel are interesting, especially those where the GM V8 diesels fit. I know those diesels well and have the tools for rebuilding and servicing them.
So, here goes with the silly questions: What station car 35+ years old stationcars would you go looking for? And why that one? Anyone happen to know which of them can be converted to diesel engines?
Happy motoring, Henrik Badger
[...]
To the best of my knowledge, the GM diesel was an Oldsmobile 350 block. That is an Olds, Pontiac, and Buick belhousing bolt pattern. Not sure on the motor mounts. Good Luck Jerry
Basil wrote:

Hi Jerry
Aha, thanks for that info. Another possible driveline idea came after i scanned the local newspapers: I could also use a diesel from one of the European makes... A huuuuge stationcar with a Mercedes diesel driveline doesn't sound like half bad combination at all :-) Cheap too, since more than 2/3 of the taxis here are Mercedes diesels.
Happy motoring Henrik