I Know Of Another One

The venerable 2cv (citroen) although only a 2 cyl engine, got in excess of 50mpg, and could cruise at 65 all day in its later iterations. Their full size sedans such as the ID 19, while providing
ample seating room for 5 adults also got in excess of 35 mpg (as measured by me in daily use in the 70's). So it is possible to get decent mileage and comfort...it was done almost 40 years ago.

I loved that car. Fantastic suspension. You could fix it with a plier, a screwdriver and a rock. And roomy as hell on the inside.
Updated and re-engineered, it would be the perfect urban vehicle. Unfortunately, they'd probably do a "MiniCooper" and price it at $25 Grand ! <rj>
<RJ> wrote:

Not a fan of frog cars; but, must admit it had simplicity in door hinges. Plux, low parts count. pj

http://www.adclassix.com/a4/69citroenpallassedan.html
The old Pallas was the best car ever

Better yet was the Citroen Maserati. (SM)..especially when it didn't break down.