I need to find out how to enter the program mode for keyless entry - 1991 olds 88

I have had keyless entry on this beautiful vehicle, but the remote was smashed. I obtained what I thought was a new one, and went to the dealer for a "one time" free programming from a friend. He did cycle the locks from under the dash on the passenger side, then said the remote I had was no good. I got a new working one (I hope) from ebay, and now want to enter programming mode. The person who did the initial programming is gone. I have looked with the glovebox out, and found the power door lock module, but that is it. Please help.

Reply to
barrythedude - remove yer HAT and COAT to reply

Did you check your owner's manual? Some models owners manuals have instructions on how to program new FOBs, some do not. My manual lays it all out but it probably wouldn't help you unless you have a 2001 F-body.

Reply to
SgtSilicon