I need to find out how to enter the program mode for keyless entry - 1991 olds 88

I have had keyless entry on this beautiful vehicle, but the remote was smashed. I obtained what I thought was a new one, and went to the dealer for a "one time" free programming from a friend. He did cycle
the locks from under the dash on the passenger side, then said the remote I had was no good. I got a new working one (I hope) from ebay, and now want to enter programming mode. The person who did the initial programming is gone. I have looked with the glovebox out, and found the power door lock module, but that is it. Please help.
Did you check your owner's manual? Some models owners manuals have instructions on how to program new FOBs, some do not. My manual lays it all out but it probably wouldn't help you unless you have a 2001 F-body.
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:34:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@COATaccesscomm.ca (barrythedude - remove yer HAT and COAT to reply) wrote:

There is a connector near the glove box. It may be just above the lower panel. It has one red and one black wire. With the ignition OFF jump the two leads together on the connector. After 2 seconds, you will hear the doors unlock and lock. Then press and hold unlock on the transmitter, it will cycle again . If you have another transmitter to program, just hold unlock on it after the first one is done. Then disconnect the jumper you used. "barrythedude - remove yer HAT and COAT to reply"