I rented an Impala

Yikes. What a car! Plenty of blind spots for those that like them. The worst is the A pillar. And if you like to left-foot brake occasionally (like in mall parking lots) don't even try. There was something down there preventing my left foot from even being lifted towards the brake pedal. Funny to see the gear display lagging the gear-shift movement also. The guy from Budget said they were the worst for reliability in their fleet also.

Live and learn. ...thehick

Reply to
thehick

Most posting, and people I have asked if they like the Impala love them.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Me and my parents are in that boat. They own an '06, I've driven it a couple of times, we all love it. I do, however, agree with the A-pillar issue.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I think all the W-bodies have this issue. My '06 Grand Prix does as well.

Reply to
Mike Levy

As I have been researching the new could I will eventually buy (for several months now), I considered the Impala.

When I looked at all the variables, I decided it was not anything that I would want to put any money into.

Sunday Morning (network TV) today had a section on Toyota.

It mentioned that the Camry is now the top selling sedan in USA, and is moving toward domination of many sections of the market. The presenters made note that the quality commitment of Toyota is uncompromising, and that companies like Ford, GM, etc have been losing the battle by manufacturing cars they believed to be 'good enough'.

'Good enough' is no longer good enough.

Reply to
<HLS

Great! Did it have the new DOD engine in it? I have an '02 Impala and I love it (going out to look at an '06 Impala this week) My '02 Impala hasn't cost me anything for repairs since I've owned it (bought in '01) so, if this is an example of a 'piece of GM crap' bring it on. Bought a new Nissan once and in 5 years, I replaced so much on the engine and interior that it was practically new again when I dumped it (what a piece of junk). As far as articles go, the problem with the people writing these articles is that it's just their opinion but some people think that it's gospel.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Reply to
Rich B

F..king low-life spammer. Why don't you take your Japcrap ad's somewhere other than a GM NG?

Reply to
Hairy

Well said Rich!

Reply to
pnsman64

Im no spammer, Hairylips. We own two Buicks presently and I can say anything I want about GM so long as it is true. And EVERYTHING I have said IS true.

I bash Fords too, because they have been., and are, low quality crap.

I also own a Dodge van, which is not the highest quality, but has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

And you have every right to continue to buy substandard crap if you want, and to brag about it.

Reply to
<HLS

I have no problem with you stating your opinion of GM's products, which you do, adnauseum. It's the Toyota ad in a GM newsgroup that I do have a problem with. Try to stay on topic.

Hairylips

Reply to
Hairy

I am on topic. And don't intend to mince words to glorify GM. You are wasting your breath. Killfile me if you dont want to read what I post.

Reply to
<HLS

I also rented a 2005 Impalla for two weeks of 90% highway driving last Sep. The highway driving was a mix of high speed fairly level, and medium speed curvy and moderate hills. On the plus it was very spacious and quiet driving most times. It would be a very good car for space and level straight highway driving. They make great cabs.

On the negatives it had an old tech transmission which didn't (or couldn't) adjust to my driving. The very high top gear gave excellent highway mileage, but the down shift to third was too great a difference and it was painful how reluctant is was to shift down from top on the highway. The handling was just OK.

I'm coming from a '95 Chrysler Concord I could replace anytime, but I prefer the 11 yr old Concord to this base '05 Impalla because of it's much better responsive transmission and handling. Looking around because the Chrysler 300 just doesn't meet my needs and I can't stand it's German like styling. Nor can my wife.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Reply to
SgtSilicon

If you really think that your constant toyota promotions, in a GM group, are on topic, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

And don't intend to mince words to glorify GM.

Nobody's asking you to.

You are

Consider it done.

Dave