I've Joined The Club of 3800 Engine Leakers!

My 1998 LeSabre with 30,000 miles on it developed an external engine coolant leak in way of the EGR pipe. I had the upper plastic intake manifold and
the lower aluminum intake manifold plus all gaskets changed at an independent shop. Thanks to this list I knew enough to insist that the aluminum manifold be replaced and to make sure that the new aluminum manifold - GM part #24508923 - had a smaller diameter EGR pipe than the original. Thanks Ian!
The replacements parts totaled: $621 excluding tax, and the labor totaled: $216.
John
"John" wrote

Glad to be of some help, John. Unfortunate that this problem occurred at such low mileage for you, hopefully it won't re-occur any time soon.
Ian
Thanks again, Ian. I am hoping that the smaller dia. EGR pipe is the permanent fix . Replacing the lower aluminum intake manifold was not standard repair procedure at this shop. Their method of leak repair had been to just change the upper intake manifold and gasket.
John