IAN ---Harmonic Balancer movement

IAN,
What is an accceptable amount of movement between the rubber & pulley of a harmonic balancer. I took my serpentine belt off today to look at the
balancer. Rubber has no visible cracks. When I put two hands on it to try to move it there was barely a 1/16th of movement.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,459 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
"Harry Face" wrote

I don't know, I never check them. But it sounds to me as though your balancer is doing fine at the moment. It should make it too at least 277,000 miles...(grin)
Is it noisy?....or are you just being anal?
Ian
Ian
no , there is no noise and the rubber looks good still. no visible cracks showing, nor is it oil soaked.
Another guy I mentioned this to said there is nothing wrong with it.
Thanks.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,459 miles_~_~_ ~_~_