IBM and Big Brother

IBM and Big Brother From TheNewspaper.com:

IBM will begin installing a "Smart Box" system in vehicles in the United Arab Emirates next year, potentially generating millions in traffic fines for the Gulf state. The UAE signed a $125 million contract with IBM today to provide the high-tech traffic monitoring and speed-enforcing system in which a GPS-enabled "Smart Box" would be installed in cars to provide a voice warning if the driver exceeds the local speed limit for wherever he may be driving. If the voice warning is ignored, the system would use a GSM/GPRS link to beam the car's speed, identity and location to the police so that a ticket could be issued. The system would also track and monitor any other driving violations, including "reckless behavior." They'll be here, soon.

Reply to
Lanze

And remember folks, only 2 more Popes and then its the end of the world as we know it.

Reply to
Paradox

And I thought the world was ending on June 14th at 2:06:32 am!!! (I'm always the last to find out).

Rich B