Idler arm

I have a 1984 gmc 1 ton pick up. It needs an Idler arm and a pitman arm. The pitman arm looks like it needs a puller to get it out of the power steering box, but the Idler arm looks like I can do it with a
pickle fork. Anyway, if I do manage to get it off, I presume the nut that comes with it will hopefully press it in, then the cotter pin and I'm done?
Yes, mark the position of the idler arm on the frame some have slotted holes and the idler arm has to be installed at the same height to maintain cenrter link parallelism.

-
says...

Mine has slotted holes. Do I still have to mark the position of the idler arm on the frame?
Yes that is the reason to mark the position of the old one, if the idler arm is installed higher or lower than it should be the vehicle can experience orbital/ bump steer.

-
says...

went exactly where it was b4. Now for the pitman arm and left upper ball joint. It looks like I need a puller to take it out of my power steering box and a pickle fork for the other end of the pitman arm. For the right upper ball joint, it looks like the 4 bolts on top will press it in. I guess I should torque the 4 bolts in? I notice that my Lower Ball joints are pressed in. Anyway thanx 4 your help...bob