ign. switch

hi all; I would like to know how to remove the top plastic cover on the steering column , it seems easy enough but I cant get the cover off due to end of the
key switch being larger than the hole in the cover. So what I need to know is how to get the end of the key switch or tumbler ( the end where the key is inserted that has two tabs on it to assist in turning the switch ) off first ? 1997 pont. grand prix se 4dr sedan thanks in advance !
If it's like a late 90's GM we worked on a few days ago.... You need to pull the ignition lock cylinder. There's a _very_ small button holding it in from the top. Reaching in and under the column cover, while prying it up, you will find the button needs to be pressed down, thus releasing the lock cylinder. Can't explain it much better, sorry, GW