Ignition switch problem

After a short stop this morning, attempt to re-start the van (92 Transport), the key would only goes to ignition position freely (position which you can operate cabin air circulation fan/heater, wiper and radio). Just to be clear, this is not ACC position. If I attempt to start the engine by forcing the key to rotate as far as I can, both the radio and cabin air circulation fan will be off as long as I keep the key in that position. My memory may have failed me but I believe that the key switch used to be able to rotate a bit further in order to engage the starter switch, for some reason, It does not want to rotate pass ignition position as mentioned above.

I need help to identify the starter switch and what could be wrong with this switch that preventing me from switching to starter position? Do I have to remove the steering wheel in order to access this starter switch?

Note: The vehicle does have remote car starter so in the meantime, I can still drive the van by remote starting the engine then move the key switch to ignition position and drive the van like normal

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul