Illinois Tolls Double 1/1/05

So you're willing to waste much more time, gas(money) on traveling across back roads, than paying an extra 50 cents per toll? That's brilliant

Reply to
Rog

A matter of principle.

A better idea would be to avoid altogether those states/areas that take advantage of unsupecting guests.

Here's an offer for you. Come on up and visit. Spend your money for hotels, fuel, clothing, souvenirs, repairs, all the things that visitors buy.

And be sure to remember - you're a visitor, a guest, so you get special welcome attention. You pay double.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

You're absolutely right.

I hate those areas that advertise heavily for tourists, then screw 'em to the wall when they do come.

On a recent trip, I paid; Airport tax, auto rental tax, hotel tax, a downtown restaurant/bar tax, an entertainment tax on my show tickets, and..... ?????

I WON'T GO THERE AGAIN !

How many times have you stopped at a $50 motel, only to find that the beill is closer to $60 after all the taxes are added in.

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks! My wife hates interstate highways and I love them, so we usually compromise by mixing it up a little. I'll just compromise a little more, for principle's sake. H

Reply to
Hairy