impala driver information center

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. The Driver Information Center (DIC) is very innacurate. GM says that it is calibrated correctly but it is off by about
5 miles per gallon.
Does anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? Has GM put out any tsb's to address this problem. I have had the (DIC) on a buick and a cadillac and both were spot on. I can't believe the Impala's DIC could be so innacurate?
help?!
How do you come up with 5 mpg error?

After a fill up, when I have the gas gauge is on empty, my fuel used portion of the DIC only says that about 12 or 13 gallons have been used. I think that's why I get a much higher mpg than I actually do.

And when you fill up does it take 16 to 17 gallons to fill up? "

Jon tao wrote : The driver Info center is very inaccurate..
Another option on a car I have no itention of ordering, nor any desire to have.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 833 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:14:29 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

And you knocked me for knocking the present Impala. :)
I still think it's a crime to call that bubble an Impala.
No offense to the OP. I hope you enjoy your car and get your problem solved! I'm just spouting my personal opinion here.
Rick
PS - I have a similar DIC thing on my 96 vette and I dislike it 2nd only to the horrible automatic climate control. I'll never own a car with an ACC system ever again. To think I paid extra for that! Ugh!
Rutger,
Knock, Knock! Do a web search for 2006 Impala and check out the pictures of the new 2006 Impala and get back to us.
Looks kinda Accord like.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 833 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:22:39 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

LOL! OK, good enough, but I'll be honest, HF. I haven't found anything on the 2006 Impala that you describe. Now, I will admit that I am one of the most incompetent people when it comes to searching the web, so I don't doubt you one iota.
I admit that your description of the 2006 Impala sounds great, but I've yet to find any concrete info on it, and I've googled. Again, though, I make no claims as to being a skilled searcher. I hate to sound like a moron (though I often do), but do you have any links?
Also, I meant no harm in my reply to you. I'm virtually sure you know that, but I want to make sure you know where I'm coming from.
I was totally joking, and I meant no harm, so I hope you understand that!
Long live your Bonnie! (And my Beretta) :)
Rick
Rutger
I sent you a link with some photo's. Mainly the rear end & tail lights remind me of a Accord or even more so a 99' 300.
No offense taken to any comments seen posted here.
I'm too wired up now, barely 170 miles to go to the Big 300,000. Bought film today to shoot the odometer.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 833 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:44:38 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Thanks for those! I can most certainly see an Accord resemblance there. Why no retro look like the stang? Those Impala's used to be great looking!

Great! Glad to hear that.

I bet!

Cool! Be sure to post it somewhere for us to see.
Thanks again.
Rick

So Harryface, where and when is the 300K mile party?
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:32:46 -0500, "James C. Reeves"
I'd gladly meet up somewhere just to see the wonder car, and meet the maintenance master himself!
Also, I like the idea of a passenger with a video cam zoomed in on the odo to get video of the turnover!
Heck! With GM cars they way they are these days, Pontiac would probably sponsor the event, and HF would get a deal for a TV commercial! :)
Though the commercial would likely have the tiny lettering with the saying "Results not typical. Individual results vary." like they have on those investment scam infomercials. LOL!
Rick
JCR.
Party !? Like people are gonna come in from out of state for this. LOL.
I was thinking of having a photo T-shirt made at Walgreens. Not sure if I should do an odometer picture or just a car picture with 300,000 written in white shoe polish across the windshield.
May also buy a small cake. I got the new oil & filter ready.
My guess is Sunday will be d-day.