Impala steering notch like feel???

Hello: I have a 2001 Impala LS with 56K miles. My wife keeps complaining that the steering feels notch like, espically when cold? The way she describes it, it sounds like the rack and pinion is binding. Having
said that, I drove the car and feel nothing; it seems normal to me. I asked her if this was like the ISS 'clunk' we had when we bought the car, and she says no, it is a 'notchy-resistive-feeling', and it is noticed on corners. Any comment, or help is appreciated. Have a nice day, Bill _________________ 1988 Lancer Shelby 1991 LeBaron Convertible 2001 Impala LS

WW

lube your intermediate steering shaft. its binding, especially when cold and the existing lube is hard...........kjun
Yes, I just had the ISS done on my 2004 Impala. I could hear and feel one or more clunks coming from the steering wheel as I turned it while there was suspension movement. It suddenly got worst when the weather got cold.
They lubed the steering shafts under warranty and now it feels like new.

Well, I lube the ISS today following the 'Easy 20 minute' procedure. In fact, I lubed the ISS so much that I had a wet oily spot on the driveway to wash off after I was finished. I used some TriFlow spray that I had handy. My wife will drive the car and let me know if it is fixed. You'd think that with all of the ISS headaches I read on the internet my local Goodyear store would know about this; I asked toady about lubeing the ISS and they asked what and why???? Thanks for the replies. Bill _________________ 1988 Lancer Shelby 1991 LeBaron Convertible 2001 Impala LS