Improve heat in 2001 Impala

My wife's Impala heater doesn't have goot output. On cold days in my S-10 I can set the fan on the lowest setting, heat on the floor and the temp in the middle and the Impala has to have the heat on direct vents, temp all
the way up and fan on 2 or 3 to keep as warm as my S-10. I changed the thermostat as the temp gauge wasn't reading very high, not it reached the middle but the heater still isn't very good. Any suggestions?
Heating up the cab of an S - 10 is a very small cabin compared to a 4 door sedan. You may have a problem with one of those vacuum controls that directs the hot air flow.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_
You may also have a jammed or mis-adjusted cold/hot air blender. One of the new cars I bought once had the blender stuck on hot air only position. (This was in August phuh !).

We had a 2000 Implala with the same trouble from day 1. Also, the rear defrost took 20mins to unfog the window.

Are the heater hoses heating up ? Assuming both hoses get warm, the heater core / engine temp is OK, and the problem is in the heat distribution [ blend door ] mechanism. One trick that helped my elderly El Camino was to add a second vacuum resivoir [ ball ] in series with the first one. The extra dose of vacuum seemed to cure problem.