Incessant squeaking from overhead storage system

My wife's '05 Montana SV6 has the overhead storage system with the dual rails running along the headliner. It squeaks almost constantly. The dealer has failed to remedy this problem. We're taking a 4 hour drive to
upstate New York next weekend and I don't think we're going to have a chance to give the dealer another crack at it before then.
You can quiet the squeak by putting the slightest bit of upward pressure on the storage bin, or one of the rails, but I don't see myself doing that for 4 hours straight.
Originally, I thought the squeak was due to the storage bin that sits between the front map lights and the dvd player, but when I remove that bin, the squeak is louder. Turns out the bin was helping keep things quieter.
Has anyone here had this problem and, if it's been corrected, what was the solution?
Thanks

I don't know the solution, but for a four hour trip I'd try temporary relief by: Spray silicone lubricant Wedge someplace Duct tape Hire the kid next door to put the pressure on it

Tried wedging a wedge (rolled up paper or thin wood, etc.) in the crack between the overhead unit and the headliner? That probably won't work but worth a try. Or else, get a Chilton's or Haynes for that model and find out how it's conencted to the roof -- probably a few screws (that you can tighten and see if the squeek goes away).
-