injector resistance

I posted in here last fall regarding a '88 Chevy Z-24 2.8 multiport giving me problems. Right after that the snow fell and I just parked it for the winter. Basically, when the vehicle is up to operating temp and I shut it off for a short time, it will start but run very rough and smell of raw gasoline. During this time it might actually idle but any throttle pressure seems to make it cut out worse the more gas I give it, and at WOT it will develop only about 2500 rpms. It will pretty much always come out of it after about a minute or two of manipulating the throttle. I put a new ignition module on it last fall, thinking that be the problem, it wasn't , and then I put all three coil packs on it from a donor car I have, still acted the same. I just tested the resistance on the injectors and they are SLIGHTLY high but uniform across the board. Since the problem occurs almost exclusively after what may be a heat soak period -- i.e. after being started a short time after being shut off at full operating temp -- I took the injectors and put them in the toaster oven and heated them to 225 degrees and then tested the resistance on them again -- uniform ohms as before but measured about one and a half ohms higher than cold. (The reason I did that was I thought it was possible that when one of them got hot it could be sticking open or something -- don't know how likely that is but I've tried a lot of other things). Within the last 25k the car has had a new ecm, ign module, heads, plugs, wires, MAT sensor, and 3 used coils which didn't change problem. Anyone have a similar situation with a car of that vintage? It reads about 160 K but the engine was replaced years ago before I got the car which I'e had for about 7 years. Wasn't expecting to have this much trouble figuring out a problem on a car this old.

Reply to
James Goforth

What is the fuel pressure reading? Could be a bad regulator that is sending higher than normal pressure when it gets hot. Also check the vacuum line to it. If it is plugged it can cause the regulator to act funny.

Reply to
Steve W.