Install Curt Mfg hitch on 1998 Olds Delta 88 ?

I recently puchase an Curt Mfg Class II 12127 receiver hitch and am about to install it it on a 1998 Oldsmobile Delta 88 ( aka Buick Lesabre ) . The instructions initally make the installation appear
simple look simple but apparently miss some vehicle specific detail . . The diagram does not shot the exhaust pipe brakets . Also I am a confused about how to address the exhaust heat shield as the hitch instructions call for direct frame contact ( not sandwich in the heat sheild between the fram member and the hitch ) . The dealer said they simply remove the exhaust heat sheid entirely when they intall these ( fire hazard ?) !?