installing HEI in a 1965 chevelle

Does anyone know how to install an HEI distributor in a 1965 chevelle, 283ci? I dont' need help with the actual install, just the wiring. I understand a resistor is needed?
Thanks
bob wrote:

nope, a resistor is NOT required. just wire +12V straight from the "ign" terminal of the key switch to the HEI and you are good to go. Or if your car currently has an external ballast just don't use the ballast. It's an easy yet worthwhile swap IMHO.
nate