Installing repair kits in GM alternator

AutoZone (and I expect other auto parts stores) sells kits for GM alternators. The one for my 95 Park Ave Ultra includes a couple electronic modules (not
discrete diodes), brushes, two bearings and some miscellaneous other stuff. Has anyone here installed such a kit? How difficult is it? Does it require a press or puller of some kind to get the thing apart and back together? BTW, the kit is $35, the rebuilt alternator is $150.
TIA
Ed
Years ago I replaced a diode in an alternator, it was not a hard job to do but I have tools for it. I would wonder how it would be to replace the bearings.

I have replaced bearings in older GM alternators with ordinary hand tools without a problem. I have replaced diode plates, but never a single diode IN a diode plate.
I don't know anything about Autozone parts kits for these. I always bought OEM alternator repair parts at a local parts store that carried them.
Look at what I found!
http://www.alternatorparts.com /
This seems to be a very thorough step-by-step process for rebuilding the GM CS 130 alternator. Clearly a lot more work than slapping a new one on, but not impossible for a well equipped DIYer with time on his hands. Hmmm...
Ed

A few years ago, I bought an Iceberg conversion kit from Summitt for a CS130 alternator. It was very involved but the end product was worth it because the kit contained a new rear case with an oversized bearing (one of the CS130's weak points) and cooling fins. It also upped the output to 140 amps.
Group: alt.autos.gm Date: Thu, Apr 27, 2006, 6:52pm (EDT+4) From: jag_manR__EM*-0_V snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Ed) Look at what I found! http://www.alternatorparts.com/ This seems to be a very thorough step-by-step process for rebuilding the GM CS 130 alternator. Clearly a lot more work than slapping a new one on, but not impossible for a well equipped DIYer with time on his hands. Hmmm... Ed "Ed"
Has anyone here installed such a kit? How difficult is it? Does it require a press or puller of some kind to get the thing apart and back together?
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "Sometimes, when you're up to your butt in alligators, it's hard to remember that the intial objective was to drain the swamp." ~ Unknown ~
Ed,
Thanks for the URL: a lot of good info there.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA