Instrument Panel will not light up for a GMC.

Have a 99' GMC Sierra, we replaced the factory stereo with a new one. All the lights work and the power windows, and locks. We checked all the fuses and they are fine. We didn't have a problem until put the
new stereo. We took the new one out and put the factory one back in and still having the same problem. The panel just won't light up. Could someone please help. Thanks
What specifically is not lighting up? The various indicators or the lamps that illuminate the panel when the headlamps/parking lamps are on?