Intake Manifold Gasket -- '92 Buick Riviera 3.8L?

Hello, we have an extremely clean '92 Buick Riviera 3.8L that's starting to show some white/gray foamy muck around the intake. The dealer indicated that the intake manifold gasket needs replacing. As you can
imagine this is a pricey repair, mostly labor.
I've done water pumps, timing chains, and other similar engine repairs on earlier model GM's, so I am considering doing this job? Any advice, pointers, resources, etc.? Will it be necessary to have the AC evacuated/recharged? Is this a common repair for the 3.8L Buick (I was told so)?
Thanks,
Steven

Welcome to the club of the "GM Famous Intake Gasket Failures". Our MOTTO is "If it hasnt happened yet...it will"
This is not a common problem on the pre 95 cars particularly with the 3800, pressure test the cooling system to confirm the source of the leak first.

-