Intake manifold repalced. Should the oil have been changed as well?

Two weeks ago, the intake manifold gasket on my car was replaced (which was about a month after my last oil change).
As far as I can tell (no line item appears on the work order), the
dealer did not change the oil when this work was done.
Is the oil always changed when the intake gasket is replaced, or only if it was leaking really bad?
Thanks...Brad

I think they will just top it off, of course if it loses alot of oil in the process, it probably gets a good amount of oil replaced.
Brad Clarke wrote:

Our shop policy is that we will always "at least" drain the engine oil and refill after the intake manifold gasket has been replaced. If under warranty, the customer will usually not want to pay for an oil change, GM will not pay for an oil change, so we eat it. But it's a cover you butt type of thing.....and we happen to believe in it.
Ian
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:45:29 GMT, "shiden_kai"

What's the reason for changing it?
I just put $25 worth of Mobile 1 in my car less than 500 miles ago; should I really change it when I finish replacing my intake manifold gasket?
Joe
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:45:29 GMT, "shiden_kai"

-
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:28:19 -0500, Joe

Reason for changing. Debris from the old intake gasket falling down the passages, leaked coolant in the oil, other pollutants from the shop getting where they shouldn't be.
Cheaper to change the oil than to change...(pick an item).

Yes. I don't care how expensive your oil is, there is no magic for getting rid of contamination.
John
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:45:29 GMT, "shiden_kai"

on what the service department CSR told me over the phone.

I finally got the copy of the work order. An oil change and oil filter replacement were listed as warranty items as part of the overall job to replace the lower intake manifold gasket.
Brad
Brad Clarke wrote:

That's good....it's important to change the oil. As far as I know....GM won't cover the oil and filter when doing that job under warranty. But.....many different dealers have all sorts of ways of putting through warranty claims. When they get audited.....they might end up paying for the oil and filter anyway. And all dealers eventually get audited. Our service manager is quite proud of the fact that at the last audit....all GM could ding us for was $7000. Anyone who knows how dealerships work knows this is chump change.
Ian

I would change the oil just to be sure. Those leaking intake gaskets result in coolant getting into the oil. Bad thing that is!
DIY oil change runs me around $12 using a good filter and good oil. If you don't want to DIY, pay someone the $20-$30 cost of a change.
John