Intermittent rough shift

I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre that has an intermittent rough 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Most likely you have Pressure Control Solenoid failing and or a scored valve body caused by debris in the valve body. This can be verified by a pressure test and using an advance scan tool capable of controling the current flow to the solenoid. You may also have a code P1811 recorded in hisory in the PCM. The repair requires the removal of the transaxle side cover. This can be done in the car, but is not for the faint hearted. If you have over 75K miles the valve body may need to be replaced because of scoring.
My Opinion, MU

My 2000 Buick Regal does the same thing. When the rough shifting begins, I also got a whining noise from the engine compartment, and the car struggles to accelerate. The rough shifting stops when I turn off the car for a minute or two and restart it. I took the car to a mechanic and there were no codes indicating a problem in the computer. However, I did have a bad power steering pump. Could my problem be the same problem described below? Could my problem have been realted to the power steering pump acting up?
snipped-for-privacy@win-4-u.net (MarkU) wrote in message

You may have the same PCS failure. Have the pressure checked when it is acting up if possible. If it is very intermittent it sometimes shows up during a pressure test anyway. The P/S pump would be unrelated to the shifting.
My opinion, MU