Intermittent Trans Problems

Today while I was driving my 2000 Chevy Lumina the transmission started upshifting very hard in every gear and making a whing noise. After I turned off the car and started it again the problem went away. I only have 59,000 miles on it. Would I be safe in just having the PCS replaced or should I spend money to have the transmission looked at on the off chance its something else?

Reply to
pennantcollector

Did you check the fluid level, color, smell?

Reply to
Woody